We had a great weekend! Long, emotional, fun, all wrapped up into one. We hosted my daughters bridal shower. It was alot more work then I thought it would be, but it was so worth it. She was showered with love and beautiful gifts from amazing family and friends.
My in laws traveled all the way from L.A. to come to the shower, which was so special.
One thing that I realized though is that come wedding day I'm screwed!! ... I am sooo tired after the shower and so spent emotionally that the wedding is going to be 100 times more draining.
Then today, I ran 10 miles. My time wasn't so great mainly cuz I had only had about 3 hours of sleep... and of course had my fill of fattening food from the shower... but I still did it and it felt good to finish... next week will be better no doubt!
So it's with a smile on my face, tired and satisfied that I end my wonderful weekend....
Sounds like you had a great and busy couple of days. I bet you will get the time you want next time that you run. I haven't ran ten miles for a few years. It is amazing how much a smile can change the attitude of everybody that is around. You will do great on you marathon!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jim! You are very encouraging!! I appreciate your comments to my posts!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your daughter! I'm sure you will be very emotional at the wedding, but that amazing emotional feeling. I can't imagine what it is like to run 10 miles. I can't say that I have ever done that. My husband on the other hand has done so. Get some much needed rest to recoup from your busy weekend. It sounded like a blast.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your exhausted, emotionally, physically and academically. You need to take a deep breath and relax. You're doing it and be a mom of a bride has to be the most amazing feeling in the world. The smile on your face probably couldn't be wiped off by anyone right now, this is your time to glow. So keep that head up and keep smiling because it's a beautiful one!
ReplyDelete-Candi