Saturday, July 31, 2010

I love Saturdays!

I was able to sleep in a bit as we didn't have our long run today, we did 13 miles on Thursday instead. However, this is the last weekend we don't have a long run. We altered our schedule a bit to accommodate people being out of town. That will end now though, as it is really difficult to run long and get to work for me during the week. I find that I do not do very well running long when I have other commitments to get to. We ramp up from here... 14, 15, 18, 20 and so on. I love the long run when my head is in the right space.

When I can relax and enjoy my surroundings, when I can let my mind go and just follow my feet. It is peaceful, it is quiet, it is for me, freedom. I enjoy testing my ability, seeing how far I can go, and how well. I feel very accomplished knowing I ran 15 miles that day.

Do you have anything you do that you love like that? Anything that takes you to that place of peace and joy? I hope you do, we all need that in our lives.

Run happy, Run free....

3 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle,

    Head in the right space? What does that mean? That is awesome that the running will increase. I know you will take the necessary precautions in order not to have a heart attack or dehydrate to the point of collapsing. 15 miles is an accomplishment and you should be proud! I love to cook and I did love to workout. The gym is not very motivating here. Hopefully I will get my mojo back for working out. Cooking takes me to my place of Zen. General Tso's chicken is my favorite dish to make. There is nothing like it in the world, except seasmeseed chicken. Actually General Tso's is supposed to be very spicy and not contain the seeds. We all do need peace and joy in our lives.

    James Sposkoski

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, that's great that you love cooking... My husband enjoys it too... I love what he comes up with sometimes!
    What I mean by head in the right space, is to not fight the run. Some days, when I'm busy and trying to just fit miles in, it feels like I'm fighting my body the whole time. I like to run relaxed without other commitments right after. I like to let my thoughts go and enjoy the journey. Sometimes, life gets hectic and I force the run. Those runs always turn out bad.

    I hope you find your mojo again for working out. It doesn't even need to be at the gym, it can be anything that you enjoy! Good luck!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! I love to spend time with my family. This weekend my son and I drove two hours to Savannah, GA to spend time with my parents for the weekend. It has been a lot of fun. I also love to run. It really helps when I have to think, or need time to clear my head. It has been 6 weeks since Joshua was born, so hopefully I will get cleared to work out again soon!

    ReplyDelete